|Position: Duty Manager Location: West Wickham Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 pro-rata plus benefits Job Type: Various - Permanent and fixed-term contract: full time (40 hours per week, including early morning, evening and weekend shifts)
About the role
Mytime Active Leisure Centres have something for everyone, from swimming pools, gyms and exercise studios to soft play zones, ten pin bowling and community halls.
This is an opportunity to be involved in supervising all key operational areas, managing staff resources, and activities.
Previous experience as a supervisor and /or, managing a team in a busy operational environment is essential. Knowledge of the Leisure industry is desirable.
You will work closely with the Assistant General Manager and Heads of Department to ensure the efficient day to day operation and delivery of activities at the centre.
* National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and First Aid qualification. With supervisory experience of staff.
* Pool Plant Operator's qualifications (training will be available should you be prepared to achieve these as a condition of appointment). * First line management qualification (Institute of Leadership & management ILM); NVQ in Customer Service.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and an attractive and comprehensive training/development package that is aimed at facilitating personal and career growth that would include:
* A series of Core Management Development Modules * Essential ongoing compliance training * Professional qualifications * Work shadowing opportunities * Mentoring
Our benefits package include:
* Stakeholder pension; * 22 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) and an additional days leave after 3 years' service and 2 days additional leave after 5 years' service (up to a max of 25 days); * Free access to Mytime Active Golf & Leisure for you and one other; * Free access to Mytime Active Health Services; * Exceptional Achievement award scheme * 20% off food and beverage purchases; Free instant tea and coffee * 10% off function food; * £100 candidate referral scheme (new employee introduction scheme); * Voucher recognition scheme; * Various Salary sacrifice schemes on offer*
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
* Satisfactory health clearance; * Two satisfactory references; * Proof of attainment of qualifications; * Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and * If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime Active will be in touch if you are shortlisted. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have not been shortlisted. Thank you for your interest.
Diversity at Mytime Active
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.