activeNewham is committed to an active, vibrant and diverse workforce that truly represents the community we serve. Our workforce will be representative of all sections of society and we will ensure that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We promise to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on any grounds. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
activeNewham is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promotes safeguarding and safer working practices across our services.
Active Newham are currently recruiting for Recreation Assistants based in and around the Newham area. We are looking for strong team players to assist in the provision of high-quality sport and leisure services to our customers.
Key aspects of the role will include:
• Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices
• Delivering excellent customer service
• Carrying out regular cleaning and maintenance regimes
• Preparing activity areas and equipment
• Attendance at regular pool training
• A requirement to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends, public holidays with the flexibility of location
The following qualifications and experience are desirable, however, all training/qualifications can be provided for the ideal candidates:
• The National Pool Lifeguard qualification (NPLQ)
• Up to date NPLQ training records (if applicable)
• First Aid qualification (desirable)
• Previous experience of working within the leisure industry as a Lifeguard is preferred
Full and Part-Time Opportunities Available
If you believe you are the right candidate, please do not hesitate to apply.