Leisure operator Everyone Active has launched a new digital offering, to run alongside its bricks and mortar operations.
During lockdown, the operator – which currently manages 190 facilities – pivoted to create an on-demand package containing five apps.
This initial, temporary, digital offering was priced at £9.99 a month and was designed to help members stay active while gyms were shut.
Everyone Active says the response was hugely positive, with 10,000 people taking up the offer, and enabled it to maintain a relationship with its members and drive much-needed revenue.
Identifying a market, Everyone Active then proceeded to create a long-term on-demand solution, designed to add value to its membership.
The new Everyone On Demand service includes access to training content from WithU, Flex, EXi and Les Mills on Demand.
To kick of the launch, the operator is planning to deploy Everyone On Demand to engage and keep current members – and entice new ones – by offering membership to the digital platform to all current and new Everyone Active facility members.
For those who are not ready to return to the gym, the operator is also offering standalone Everyone On Demand access for £9.99 a month.
“We spent a long time researching apps and talking to partners to ensure we created a well-rounded offering which would appeal to as many of our members as possible,” says Duncan Jefford, regional director, Everyone Active.
“We don’t want anyone to have to make the choice between the gym and their favourite on-demand session, so we launched Everyone On Demand as a package of market-leading fitness apps.
“We are confident we have an outstanding mix of workouts, including audio-coaching that members can benefit from both in and out of the gym, content led by fitness superstars like Jillian Michaels and the EXi app which takes excellent care of our new exercisers and special populations.
“Every returning or new member will receive access to all of these apps, which collectively contain almost 2,500 workouts, at no extra cost - as part of the current membership fee.
"We believe Everyone On Demand is the most comprehensive on-demand collection offered by any operator and gives our members the ultimate flexibility when it comes to how and where to train.”
The Everyone On Demand platform offers:
– WithU – more than 600 immersive workouts, led by personal trainers, via audio coaching and a 3D avatar
– Flex – 1,000+ workouts from a host of fitness brands – including Jillian Michaels, Sleek Technique, SH1FT and Sweat Factor
– Les Mills on Demand – More than 800 workouts from Les Mills' GroupX programmes, including BODYPUMP, CXWORX and GRIT
– EXi – NHS approved, prescribed exercise programmes. EXi is marketed as the world’s first app to specifically target any combination of 20 long term health conditions – including diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, depression and cancer
• The launch of Everyone On Demand comes just months after Everyone Active announced it was setting up a new brand, FORTIS By Speedflex, as part of a venture into branded studios. To read an interview with Duncan Jefford about the plans, click here for HCM Issue 2/2020